Getting Help for Your Organization
“In the U.S., the annual economic, indirect cost of mental illnesses is estimated to be at least $79 billion. Most of that amount – approximately $63 billion – reflects the cost of lost productivity. Mental illness causes more days of work loss and work impairment than chronic health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, arthritis, back pain, hypertension, and heart disease.”
- Promoting mental health in the workplace is important. Here are some links to information that will help:
- “Factsheet: Gaining a Competitive Edge Through Mental Health: the Business Case for Employers”
- “An Employer’s Guide to Behavioral Health Services”
- “A Mentally Healthy Workforce – It’s Good for Business”
- American Psychiatric Association’s Partnership for Workplace Mental Health
- For additional information, contact the Mental Health Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania at 267-507-3800 or 800-688-4226, or at email@example.com.